Thursday, July 1, 2010

Has love an object?

Sukhi Lochan & Eric Knouse

Sukhi -- Has love an object? Or is love divine or profane? When you love, you are neither giving nor receiving. -jk

Eric --In my experience LOVE is a state of being in the flow. In flow between the source and others in the physical world. When we are in flow we have direct knowing.

Sukhi -- Surely, "love is a state of being". But somehow, our love is based on your image of me and my image of you. If we look at it very carefully, at the relationship between these two isolated images which say to each other, `We love'.

Eric -- As I have experimented with my own consciousness while journeying within the interior or the formless (no drugs) I have found a profound connectedness -- beyond image, beyond language, beyond body sensations. The ancients spoke of this place - the Peace beyond understanding.

Hello Eric, certainly, ...in this awareness the problem unrolls itself, and thus it is fully and completely understood. The 'me' is created by thought and the 'me' says: "I am independent of thought”. Is that causes fear?

Sukhi wrote: "The 'me' is created by thought and the 'me'
says: "I am independent of thought”. Is that causes fear?"

Eric -- Exactly -- fear stops me discovering the True 'me'. In the Practice course you will learn to navigate your interior without fear.

Sukhi -- Awareness is not the outcome of practice. The passive alertness which reveals its total process.

Eric - Beautiful -- Agreed, the practice of awareness is only the path. The True Nature is revealed beyond -- all process.

Sukhi - Consciousness is contemplated observation. Can the observer observe himself ? If he can, the separation, division, is dissolved. The painter and the painting has become one. This unique observing quality, is felt, when paintings are painted...

Eric -- Beautiful -- in the Practice we teach the practitioner how to become the observer. As above -- 'contemplated observation'. Oneness.

Sukhi -- All our training from childhood leads us to condemn or to approve. And in the process of condemnation and approval there is frustration, there is fear, there is a gnawing pain, anxiety, which is the very process of the 'me', the self.

Eric --Yes, research shows that Cortisol (stress hormone) can be measured at age of 10 months of age when the child realizes it is separate from the mother -- the illusion begins.

Thank you, Sukhi

No comments:

Post a Comment